Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
This made me think of an issue I had last February. I had seen Valentine's Day with my mom, I'm a large Asthon Kutcher fan, and we were talking about it on the drive home. She was talking about how she thought Taylor Swift had donw a pretty good job, and I had argued that she had just bugged me (but I do listen to her music a lot, so don't think I'm a hater), I just didn't like her acting. And that was it, I didn't like her as an actress.
All we ever see her as is a singer, or in interviews, and we think we have a pretty good idea of what her personality is like. So when she is ACTING, pretending to be a fictional character, we are seeing her as something totally different, and it catches us off-guard.
I have met many pro-athletes in my day, but I have not met any actors or major celebrities. I wonder what it would be like, I don't even know what to expect, how would I even act? I don't even know. It would be a total surprise, I wonder if that will ever happen...? And if it does, I hope that it would be Adam Brody, or Penn Badgley, that would be fantastic. Can anyone hook me up?? huh??
Monday, December 13, 2010
- Both artists in this song have already been featured on this list.
- The crooner co-wrote the hook and was able to preform it in this song.
- Nominated for 3 Grammys.
- The music video is a little weird, but entertaining.
- Number 3...
B.o.B AND BRUNO MARS' NOTHIN' ON YOU
Saturday, December 11, 2010
So then you see them, you talk about finals, or whatever is going on currently, and then you say something like, "Hey, I was on Facebook and there were some pictures of you and that girl you're dating and I just think I should tell you that you two are really cute together," or, "So, how are things with (insert name here)?"
To this they respond, "Oh, we're not together anymore," or, "Things ended for good last night." Then they try to smile to ensure that I don't feel bad for bringing it up. But in fact, I do, I feel really bad. And this always happens within 24 hours of a relationship ending. And you know what, I do feel horrible. I think I'm just going to stop asking people about their love lives.
Also, if you or anyone I know, or even if I don't know them, break up with someone, please warn me, this is the best possible solution I can come up with to solve this problem. You can contact me via comment, FB, or a simple text message. Thank you.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
- For months and months this song never got old.
- And then suddenly it did and I haven't listened to it for months.
- This artist came out of almost nowhere with a few HUGE hits this summer.
- Biggest influence is 80's music.
- Features loved lead singer Hayley Williams.
- Number 4...
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
- This is exactly what a girl wants to hear.
- Artist's real name is Peter Hernandez.
- Grew up in Hawaii, hence the laid-back feel.
- Popularity grew in collaborations with B.o.B. and Travie McCoy.
- Here's your number 6...
BRUNO MARS' JUST THE WAY YOU ARE
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
The kid at the table next to me just got down and did some push-ups.
Everyone should watch The Sing Off. It was so great, I can't wait until Wednesday's episode!
- Originally written for a woman.
- Remixed for U.S. release, with rap sequences by Ludacris.
- Released just in time for Spring Break season.
- Sung by English artist.
- Very popular in UK before it was even on the radar of US radios.
- Number 7...
TAIO CRUZ'S BREAK YOUR HEART
Monday, December 6, 2010
- Music video has had over 315 MILLION (yes million) views on youtube.
- Has reached No. 1 in 7 countries.
- Music video is a mix of deep symbolism and sheer randomness.
- Tells how artist is willing to do anything to obtain fame.
- Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta
NUMBER 9, LADY GAGA'S BAD ROMANCE
Sunday, December 5, 2010
- First off, the music video rocks.
- Co-written by "Drop It Low" 's Ester Dean.
- In Jamacian slang, title mean cool, hip, snappily dressed attractive young man.
- Was not predicted to be most popular off album.
- Here it is, your number 10...
RIHANNA'S RUDE BOY!
Friday, December 3, 2010
I was frantically writing my rhetoric paper, I'm supposed to have a rough draft of the 9 pages by 12:30, I have 3 half-paragraphs....but that's beside the point. The point is I was listening to Halo. What a great song. I was typing about a thing called CARNIVAL, a type of writing Bakhtin sort of made up, and in a quote the word embrace was used, and it just so happened that I typed embrace RIGHT AS BEYONCE SANG IT. At the exact same moment! It was crazy.
Also, I think The Kooks should take a shot at a U2 remake, it would be awesome.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Monday, November 29, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Go to Africa, and then figure out the mission thoughts...although Africa will always be there, the time to go will not.
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
I already have my tickets for the 11:59 pm showing in Theater 1 at the Gateway in Salt Lake, this puts me in position of ultimate fan-age. And I'm stoked!
But...I'm also experiencing some depressing thoughts, just like Dumbledore says at the end of The Goblet of Fire, "Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it," that is how I feel about this whole first-part-of-the-last-movie thing. Once we see Part 1, all we have left to wait is a mere 238 days, and then there will be no more waiting for anything Harry Potter. I've lived the last 11 years waiting for the next thing Harry Potter, and for most of that the books and the movies overlapped. Soon there will be nothing left, and my childhood will be officially over. Fantastic.
It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited for power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
- picking up orders from gay men once a week
- falling into the bushes
- driving down 2100 S. around 10:30 to see the man in full tribal wear
- scaring the boss
- opening the bathroom door, wind picking up my map, map falling directly into the toilet (it really happened)
- driving to provo 2+ times a week
- recieving a "good luck" cake
- finding prizes (aka used band-aids, key chains, razor blades, freaky chinese bugs) in the boxes of envelopes from china
- my hands turning blue from said envelopes
- trying to rid of old mexican man at mickey d's wanting to see me again
- unusually large amounts of asians on roads occasionally
Now you're all wishing you had my job right?
Monday, May 10, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
The other night as I was laying awake in my bed, trying to fall asleep, but I couldn't because I had gerunds, are particpial phrases, and the differences between absolutes and appositives running through my brain, I remembered something Madeline and I had talked about...
Have you ever looked at your name and thought my name is so weird ?? This is a common occurence in my brain. I mean, seriously, KAMILLE. Ka-mille. kamille. kamille. K-A-M-I-L-L-E. kamille. Kamille. kamille. ELLIMAK. kamille.
now isn't lookin weird to you too.....? look at the "K" isn't just so weird. my name is weird.