Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My One True Love

Well, here we are. 9 days away from Harry Potter. I can hardly stand it. Really.
I already have my tickets for the 11:59 pm showing in Theater 1 at the Gateway in Salt Lake, this puts me in position of ultimate fan-age. And I'm stoked!
But...I'm also experiencing some depressing thoughts, just like Dumbledore says at the end of The Goblet of Fire, "Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it," that is how I feel about this whole first-part-of-the-last-movie thing. Once we see Part 1, all we have left to wait is a mere 238 days, and then there will be no more waiting for anything Harry Potter. I've lived the last 11 years waiting for the next thing Harry Potter, and for most of that the books and the movies overlapped. Soon there will be nothing left, and my childhood will be officially over. Fantastic.

It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited for power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment