Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The First Single

Tuesday, April 18 at 12:00 a.m. was a moment we have all come to dread. Registration. So, Sunday night I prepared a little list of some of the classes I need to take, thanks to Susie, my advisor, I have a pretty set out list of what I need to take semester-by-semester until graduation (a long time away) so this wasn't too hard. And then, true to my brain these days, completely forgot about it, until Tuesday morning about 8:25 a.m. while I was still in bed.

The night before I went to bed about 11, pretty much like every other night, totally forgetting what needed to be done. Come 8:25 that sinking feeling hit, and I remembered registration. I jumped out of bed, and ran to the front room where my computer was in its usual spot on my floor. Guess who else had just run frantically into the front room to her computer? Heidi. Yes, we both completely spaced registration and went to bed. We hurried and got into the classes we needed, laughed a little about it, and then she went to class and I hopped into the shower.

Before going to class, I read some other blogs, and glanced through the news feed on fb, and found out that pretty much no one was able to register at midnight. I got to school, and that was all anyone was talking about, apparently the server had shut down. Once it hit about 2 a.m., most people just went to sleep, deciding to just try in the morning.

So the moral of this story is that in lieu of Heidi's and my own mistakes, we actually came out on top. We got into all the classes we needed, and got about 3 more hours of sleep than the rest of those in junior class standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment