Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Love Love Love

This is Sister Dee
This is Sister Danielle Ycmat.  From now on, Sister Dee.
Sister Dee is pretty awesome.  As of last week, she is now in the Philippines.  Which is crazy.
Sister Dee was asked to speak in the Thanksgiving devotional at the MTC, and shown at the MTC's around the world.  With Elder Nelson.
Yeah. She's a pretty big deal.
Here's a little excerpt from her last email:


I knew coming to the Philippines and witnessing the poverty and everything
else would be culture shock, but I had no idea how much it would
break my heart.  These people have nothing but a tin roof over their heads,
jobs where they make barely enough to get by, and yet despite their hardship,
they're happy.  Their eyes literally glow.  They always smile.  They
all say hello.  And even though I can only bear my testimony to them 
in Tagalog (which they barely understand anyway), they smile at me and 
tell me they appreciate I'm trying.  I LOVE these people.  I have so 
much to learn from them. ahhhhhhhh...I've experienced SO much here in
such a short amount of time, but words can't even justify.


Isn't she amazing?  I really love how immediately upon entering a third-world country, you immediately have a love for its people.  I am a believer that those people do the very best they can in their situation.  If those people were born into the life we have, were given the same opportunities we are, they would do their very best, and live a fabulous life. 

But there is a difference between us, they haven't been given those chances.  But those people are some of the greatest people I've ever met, and will continue to be at the top of my list throughout my life.  I'm calling Sister Dee's mission "The Real Third-World: Season 2, Sister Dee Takes on the Pines."

2 comments:

  1. So awesome. I miss her. and you! She really is so great and I'm sure the people she meets love her more than she'll ever know, just like all of us.
    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! She is so cute! I wish I had served a mission! Both of my best friends did (and are!!!) missionaries are the best!!! XO

    ReplyDelete