Wednesday, June 20, 2012

All Around the World

Well, we made it back to Hualien...barely. Unfortunately we didn't really get to go all the way around the island, our final train was cancelled due to a typhoon. We had to go back up through Taipei (with a 15-ish minute warning I might add) and then back down to Hualien. But we made it safe and sound, with an excellent trip behind us. It was very much needed, and we thank Natalie and Lauren for letting us stay with them.




We named him "Grandpa Rainbow." He is the 90 year-old artist. Many years ago he started painting his little neighborhood as his contribution to developing the community.




I can't resist a jungle hike.

Especially when this is at the end of it.
Kaohsiung, we never really got the chance to like you...maybe next time the typhoon won't be there.
Next Stop: I've got my last 3 1/2 days in Hualien. I seriously can't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment