Friday, January 11, 2013

{Week 8}


January 9, 2013

Hello! It was good to talk to dad yesterday. Even though he cried...typical. Haha
 
This morning I woke up early and went to the temple with Sister Curtain, one of the Hungarians. We went and did inititories, and then joined everyone else for a session. It was really great. Especially because we are both kind of in the same boat. The Hungarians leave on Monday, but Sister Curtain has not been cleared by the doctor to leave yet. Hopefully tomorrow at her doctor appointment she will find out for sure. Last week she received a blessing, and in the blessing she was told to listen to the blessings given to us in the temple. Yesterday she invited me to go with her, and I'm so grateful that she did. I hadn't done initiories since my own, and the words and promises spoken there are so amazing. It was really what I needed to hear today. It was really hard to stay awake in the session, but if you ignore that fact, the time spent in the celestial room was amazing as always. I love that time that we have to be so close to God. To converse with Him without distractions of just praying in your normal room, which for me is packed with lots of junk, and lots of people. I hadn't been to the temple since before Christmas, I'm so grateful that I was able to go today, especially when all I need right now is a little comfort, and a little boost of faith.
 
Motra left yesterday, barely. It was a close one. About four a.m. a pipe in the basement broke and the fire alarm went off. We all had to wake up, grab coats, and hats, and scarves, and blankets, and then they sent us into the gym. until about 5:15. Motra needed to be at the travel office at 6. There may have been tears, and a lot of freaking out. We bombarded the security guard to let us back into the building so she could leave. It just so happened to be the security guard that drove her to the hospital last Monday night. He remembered her, remembered that she was supposed to leave last week, and then took off running to make sure she could leave yesterday. It was actually really nice. But we got her to the bus right on time, and right about now she is serving in the capital! Woohoo! 85 days here was long enough for her and she was not going to let anyone forget that! I'm grateful that we were able to be companions, and even though it was literally the worst week, there was so much laughter, and encouragment between us.
 
I don't know why I am still surprised every day how the inspiration of everything, but it all is. I'm so grateful for God's plan, and that He is looking out for me, WHEREVER that may be. But right now, that place is here in the MTC. I'm grateful for all of my companions, all five of them so far, each one has helped me to learn new things, and to become a better person. I'm especially grateful for Sister Burdick and Sister Chamberlain. Life savers. I'm grateful for my teachers. Each of them are so caring, and help me in different ways. They've been so great, and sweet while I've been sick. They have given me advice, and friendship. I couldn't ask for a better set up. My branch president has been such a comfort as well, I've talked with him a few times, and each time leads to more revelation. I really couldn't be in a better place...ok, maybe I wouldn't mind having my People app with me a couple times a day.
 
I love being a missionary, and I love knowing that I can help God's children.
 
Love, Sisar Clifford
 
PS. Why didn't anyone tell me that Harry and Swifty were tearing up the Canyons last week?? Thank you B-Swal. Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment