Thursday, January 12, 2012

Life Among the Gorillas

Today was probably the best day thus far. My activities went well, and we had a meeting where we discussed exactly what we will be doing everyday. Until the 22nd of June. Let me share it with you:
               9:00-10:00: Center Time, This is a 25-30 minute center, and we only have to plan 2 or 3 of those a week. Phew.
               10:00: 15 minutes Monday-Friday with the 2 year olds.
               10:40-12:10: 30 minute rotations for music, literature, science, health, self-esteem, chores, etc.
               3:00-4:30: 45 minute rotation on our topic. 
My topic for the next month: rice. Yep, you heard it, rice. How it is grown, its characteristics, the different types, which rice products are used in which region, what the rice by-products are used for...you name it, I will teach it.  This is not a topic given by the preschool, it was originally assigned by the government.

I'm really glad to know more of what I'm supposed to do.  It makes me feel better.

Last night, Ashley and I rode our bikes, yes, we rode the bicycles, in the night, to the church to help with the English classes there.  I got to help out in the Advanced Class, so basically we just had conversation about a topic.  But the moral of the story is, we did not die en route.  And also we made some noodles last night (way too spicy) and when we took the pot off the stove there was a crisp, newly fried cockroach laying there. It was really gross.

On Wednesday, J. Coleman entered the MTC.  I am so happy for her, she is going to serve the people of Birmingham, Alabama.  I love her, and will miss her dearly.  I'm so glad I got to play with her a lot during the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment